Monday, August 5, 2013

Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette and Yogurt Dip


 

Lunch Please...

Hmmm...what to eat?  This is pretty typical of my lunches lately.
I sure do love the Farmer's Market and the summer produce!
 

Start...

with a bed of lettuce, the darker the better, like a combination of curly red lettuce,
baby Kale, and baby spinach.
 

Then comes the fun part...

basically, what ever I have in my crisper drawer of the refrigerator
or in a basket on my counter top...
Green onions, tomatoes, fresh cilantro and basil, red and green peppers,
sliced hard boiled eggs, and whatever else...
(it was toward the end of the week...not my usual variety, but not bad.)
 

Protein???

An envelope of tuna. (I prefer the envelop over the can when eating it plain especially)
I also like to cook extra chicken and have it on hand to slice up and add to salads.
 

Dressing??

Why Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette of course!
Hmm...better add that recipe to this post huh?
 

Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette

1/4 cup water
juice (and pulp) of one large lime
1/2 cup olive oil (or a blend of Olive and Flax Oil)
fresh chopped Cilantro
 
Mix together in a jar or dressing cruet and keep refrigerated.
 
 

A little something crunchy?

...some more veggies of course!! 
I had cauliflower, green beans, and celery.
 

And to dip???

 

Yogurt Dip!

Much less guilt, calories and fat!! and yet delicious!  WooHoo!!
Prepare the night before...
 
 
Put two white paper towels in a sieve and place over a deep bowl.
Pour in a 32 ounce container of Plain Low-Fat yogurt.
(Or...Fat Free or Plain Low or No-Fat Greek yogurt if you prefer)
Cover with saran wrap and place in refrigerator.
After 8 hours (usually I leave overnight), you will have yogurt cheese.
Yogurt cheese is a lot like cream cheese. Delicious as is, but to make it into dip,
add your seasonings of choice...such as garlic and onion.
One of my favorites...add 1/2 to whole envelope of dry Ranch Dip Mix.
Try to stay out of it until it has had a chance to season through nicely.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment